Alexa and I are grateful for the overwhelming gestures of support from so many of you during the past several months. The criminal harassment and other attacks against my partner, Alexa, had been escalating since September 2018 and subsequently evolved to further encompass Alexa's loved ones; as such, the perpetrator increasingly targeted me with ongoing threats and anonymous online defamatory attacks (including falsified accusations and libelous comments).
There are two purposes of this post:
1) To let my patients know that I am already aware of these online defamatory attacks.
2) To notify reporters or other members of the press that they should directly contact the Media Relations Department of the Vancouver Police Department rather than contacting any of my clinics.
Thanks again for your caring words and general kindness.
With sincere and heartfelt gratitude,
-Eric and Alexa
My practice reached capacity as of Dec. 2018; that being said, the following exceptions still apply:
1. You have complex and/or severe medical issues (including psychiatric/addiction illnesses) such that you face barriers finding a compatible family doctor elsewhere
2. You are a family member of one of my patients (this is obviously to enhance care by keeping families together in a single practice whenever possible)
3. Dr. Blanka Jurenka was your family doctor (I'm still happily committed in following through with my prior offer to accept any of her patients)
I consistently strive to apply the most up-to-date, evidence-based medicine in order to provide the best possible personalized, patient-centred care.
My unique math and physics background cultivated a rigorous yet flexible thinking style which I use to guard against complacency, cognitive biases, and related heuristics often potentiated by the brief and routine appointments in family medicine.
Family practice is particularly fulfilling for me as I greatly appreciate the opportunities to establish long-term therapeutic relationships that allow for the effective development of rapport; prevention of disease; and provision of continuous, comprehensive, and personalized care.